I hope you all have had a great week and it has allowed for a great deal of time in your sewing rooms. If not, maybe it is time to start scheduling that time in (but that is easier said than done believe me, I know!!). Well, on to the show…
|A close-up of a couple shapes|
|Overall Quilt 9″x12″|
I will say this…if I ever do another Kaleidoscope quilt (and I think I will), I will not use a template like I did with this one. Instead, I will try using my ruler that is designed for this. I don’t recall it’s name but, regardless, I don’t know how to use it (LOL). With a little research I am sure I can figure it out.
So there are my two current projects. Of course, they are also considered UFOs….oh Lord, more about those a little later.
I have thought long and hard about what this week’s rant would be. I could choose from many, but they are simply not my style: the economy (and my inability to shop because of it), my sporadic work schedule (the call always comes just as I start a project – but then it is a job), or even Homecoming Queen (maybe more on that next week – UGH teenagers!!).
But no…instead I landed on the fact that I really don’t deserve to rant. Now let me preface this by saying I reserve the right to rant in the future. Today I simply feel too blessed to rant. I have the most wonderful husband and kids, a great house, a job, and my monthly bills are paid. That is so much more than many people can say. I really do have it good. So, this week’s rant is not that at all; instead, it is a shout out to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who takes such good care of me. I cannot imagine living my daily life without Him…Thank You, Lord!
Unique to this Week’s Blog:
I have been learning how to machine quilt. I have several tops that are in my UFO pile that are not necessarily intended for anyone so they are a good place to learn. Now, I didn’t start on them of course. Over at QCA, there are a group of us who are practicing on 8″-14″ squares. We are learning where our tension needs to be, how to control our speed and hands, and so on. It has been great fun. When I am a little more comfortable I will give it a whirl on one of the tops mentioned below. I simply cannot afford to keep shipping quilts out to the long-armer.
OH BOY!! Last week I promised a list of my UFOs so while cleaning my sewing room this week I made a list. You know what I discovered? I discovered…I have a problem! I really need to get busy and get some of these done. Now some of these are well on their way but none-the-less they are not complete quilts so they are UFOs.
- Pinwheel Star – Friendship Swap(cut)
- Christmas Lights (just need to finish outlining fused applique pieces and top is complete)
- Kaleidoscope (1/2 the blocks are complete)
- Bright Flowers (top done – needs quilted)
- Amazing Grace (top done – needs quilted)
- Ring Toss (rows need sewn together)
- Christmas Toile (need to remove a border and add a bigger one)
- Batik Nature BOM (about 3 months behind)
- Mug Cozies UGH (something I’m not sure why I started but need to complete – not sure of progress)
- Big Girl Panties Cross Stitch
- Best Friends Cross Stitch
- I Heart Quilting Mouse Pad Cross Stitch (I don’t even use a mouse)
- Misc. Crochet Blocks (not sure what to do with them) IDEAS???
- Faux Finish Hand Applique (cut) I HATE hand applique
- Duckie Flannel (need to finish tying)
- Turquoise Class Quilt (need to finish tying)
- DD Doll Quilt (sandwiched – ready to quilt)
- 3 stray blocks (want to quilt and frame)
- Butterfly Floral (top done)
- Alzheimers Quilt (very close)
- Sock Monkey (needs face & clothes)
So there you have it! Now my plan is to knock these puppies out! One by one! I have promised myself that I will only start a new project for every 2 I finish. I will continue to update the progress on each one so please…hold me to this.
Quote of the Week:
May all of your ups and downs in life be with a needle and thread.